Well trained, Certified Anger Management Facilitators will enjoy increased international recognition as useful intervention for stress, anger, communication and emotional intelligence.
By George Anderson, MSW, BCD, CAMF, CEAP
The increase in demand for services will come from the following areas:
· The state of Texas will mandate anger management classes for all middle school students.
· California will require the completion of a 52-week anger management class for all Parolees whose original offence included aggression or violence.
· Most state prisons will implement anger management for inmates with a history of violence.
· The San Francisco Public Defenders office, under the leadership of Attorney Jeff Adachi, will initiate a community-based strategy for addressing gang violence by using anger management as a key component.
· Many states will mandate “civility” training for attorneys following the lead of Illinois.
· California will be the first state to establish standards for Certified Anger Management Facilitators. These standards will be patterned after the current 40 hour training plus 105 hours of internship for Batterers’ Intervention providers in California.
· Human Resource Managers will use their considerable influence to make anger management the intervention of choice for employees who demonstrate problems managing anger.
· Many governmental agencies and businesses refer problem employees to Employee Assistance Programs. Unfortunately, anger management is not one of the Core Skills in the training for EAP Professionals. Therefore, as these professionals acquire knowledge in anger management, they will increase the number of referrals to anger management providers nationwide.
· The Municipal Court for Huntsville, Alabama is the first court in the nation to mandate anger management assessments for “divorcing couples” with children, rather than psychological evaluations. California is presently considering implementing similar requirements in the Superior Courts statewide.
· “Losing It”, the Griff Rhys Jones BBC two part Documentary on anger management, has dramatically increased interest in legitimately trained anger management facilitators in the UK.
· College and University Departments of Judicial Affairs will institute mandated anger management referrals for disruptive students.
· Organized sports will opt for legitimate anger management facilitators who are able to demonstrate the success or lack of success for each participant.
· Attorneys, Law Enforcement, Celebrities, Physicians and other high profile clients will select anger management facilitators who offer individual anger management coaching offered in confidential environment.
In spite of the recession, well trained, Certified Anger Management Facilitators will be able to charge and receive fees ranging from $50 per hour for group sessions and $250 for individual coaching. 2009 will be a great year for the emerging field of anger management.
Anger Management Institute of Texas is a Certified Anderson & Anderson® Provider
Anger Management Classes and Executive Coaching available in Houston, Texas.
Gregory A. Kyles, M.A., LPC, CEAP, CAMF
Director, Anger Management Institute of Texas
Diplomate, President of Texas Chapter
American Association of Anger Management Providers